2. If you met on a "blind" date, get your guests into the "blind" date theme by getting them to pick their table assignments out of a hat at your rehearsal dinner.
3. Name and decorate tables after places that are important to you as a couple. You could set up a few different "corners" that represent these places.
4. Put some pressed flower petals with the ceremony program for a garden-themed wedding.
5. Serve only wines from the year that you met or got engaged.
6. Put up a photo slideshow with photographs from your childhoods through to the present.
7. For your first dance, use the same song as your parents did during their first dance. Or put together a medley of the first dances songs of both the groom and bride's parents.
8. Get a cartoonist friend to illustrate highlights of your courtship and print them on the ceremony programs.
9. Get your bridemaids to carry fancy parasols instead of a bouquet while walking down the aisle for a garden wedding.
10. Make a special photo guest book filled with your favourite photos for your guests to sign.
Related posts on unique ways to personalise your wedding:
Planning - Unique ways to personalise your wedding
Reception and Ceremony - Unique guestbooks
Planning - Dare to be different